Monday, February 20, 2012

Prize Deserving Websites

Graphics covered with cupcakes the other day had me hankering for a cupcake. I discovered a local place right down the street from me---a place full of delectable cupcakes in a tempting array of flavors. And I found a website that has everything that a website should have.   I just wish I would have had the opportunity to build it---I can't take credit.

The number one thing about the site is its match to branding. The business' physical building, interior, website, even its Facebook page all match the business branding.

As a potential customer, I needed to learn a few things from the website:


  • Do they have cupcakes?
  • What flavors are available?
  • Where are they located?
  • What hours are they open?
  • A little bit about who owns the business and who I would be buying from help
Fortunately, through some convenient site wide navigation I was able to find out everything I needed to become a customer. I even got a close up picture of the several cupcake flavors available that made my mouth water in anticipation of my visit.

This site demonstrates every reason why a small business should have a website. To gain customers, give product information, and allow customers to become comfortable before that first visit...this site can't be beat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment