- A social club---customers want to belong, be on a first name basis with your business, to be part of your inner circle
- Tips and/or give-aways---a 20% off coupon, a tip that allows customers to save money, or something totally free, delights and surprises and customers love it.
- Exclusivity---customer's want to claim you and let others know that you belong to them.
- Entertainment---a joke, a story---something that allows customers to identify and have a "me too" moment.
- Information on your business, your attitude towards customers, your products---be sure you have links back to your own website once you teased a contact's appetite for more information through social media.
Social Media, whether through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or others, is cheer leading for your business. It's a nice demonstration of just how dedicated you are to your customer base and allows your customers to join you in the cheer.