- Each email should contain your name, address, email address for responses and comments, and your logo.
- You can update your emails to include links back to specific areas of your website. Why not provide a link to your web calendar of special events, blog, and home page?
- Every email should contain a link for those wishing to unsubscribe.
- Do you have a gift for your customer? A coupon or piece of information---a how to or an "inside your industry" tidbit keeps customers opening and reading your emails.
- Advanced notice to events and sales creates an "insider's club." Everyone likes to belong.
- Make sure that links to your social media are included. Customers will not miss a chance to find out what's going on with you and when you get that new product in that the customer didn't know they needed.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Making up that email
An email template may be something that you will be considering for the new year. Even if you use an email service like Constant Contact you can add your own code, graphic, and links so that each email is consistently yours. If you are considering updating your template you might considering adding these components for a more polished and useful correspondence: