Monday, January 7, 2013

Check that Facebook Page

My favorite businesses fell off my own news feed over the holiday season. Facebook, forever tweaking their pages and systems apparently was trying something new.

After emailing Facebook through their "Get help from us link" and being told that they didn't respond to individual concerns, I noticed I have a "Pages link" on the left hand column of my Facebook page. The news that got thrown to this page was mainly from small business pages that I had subscribed to---the big guys like Amazon were still shooting to my news feed. Once I clicked on the Pages Link and added Pages to my favorites, I'm seeing the small businesses in my feed again.

I hope that this isn't part of a growing trend by Facebook to freeze out the little guy. Forcing out small businesses will not only hurt local communities, but will lesson user experience. It sure lessened mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment