The only alternative is to turn to your CMD window. I know, I hate it too. But it does simplify things and save time in the process. Here's how to create a list in Windows 7:
- Click on your start button and in the search box type CMD.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to create the list.
- Open the folder in windows where your to be listed files are.
- Click on the address bar and then click copy address.
- In the black CMD window type cd and then paste your address into the window and press enter.
- key: dir /b>textfile.txt press enter
There are many options that you can pull from the "dir" command. View all the options available by typing dir/? in the black command window.